In the event of a Theft In Progress notification follow the steps below.
- Stay calm.
- Follow the link you received by text or email to navigate to the device’s security panel in the Hercules Portal.
- Observe the device's active alarms.
- Observe the device's GPS position on the Location Map.
- Consider contacting the location or location owner to confirm whether they’re aware of any suspicious activity.
- If you suspect there is, in fact, a theft in progress:
- Contact local law enforcement
- Provide incident details
- Offer to share the GPS Tracking Link with them. Learn more...
- Let local law enforcement handle the situation until it is completely resolved and do NOT attempt to approach the area you believe the device to be in on your own.
Note: DPL does not provide a security monitoring service nor do support team members receive theft in progress notifications. In the event of a theft, contact your local law enforcement agency first. DPL support agents are not responsible for communicating with local law enforcement agencies but will if adequate resources are available.