Contact us anytime at 1-800-561-8880 or email email@example.com.
Rebooting an ATM in the Hercules Portal
1. Select the ATM you would like to reboot from the device list.
2. Select the Reboot ATM button in the top right corner of the Health Dashboard.
3. Select the dropdown arrow to the right of the reboot type field and select the type of reboot you would like to perform.
- (Safe) RMS Reboot - Non-Transaction - Will attempt a soft RMS reboot while the ATM is not in use. I.e. Not attempting to complete a transaction.
- (Soft) RMS Reboot - Will attempt to perform a soft RMS reboot when scheduled regardless of whether or not the ATM is in use at that time.
- (Hard) Hercules ATM Restart - Will power cycle the ATM when scheduled regardless of whether or not the ATM is in use at that time. Can be performed even if the ATM's operating system is frozen.
Note: The reboot options displayed in the Confirm ATM Reboot dialogue box are dependant on whether or not the Hercules ATM restart accessory is installed on the ATM, whether or not RMS has been configured/enabled correctly on the Hercules modem and ATM, and the ATM manufacturer.
Configure your Hercules Modem and ATM for RMS by referring to the Hercules RMS Configuration guide specific to your ATM manufacturer and ensure RMS Access is enabled for your user account.
4. Select the dropdown arrow to the right of the schedule field and select whether you would like to reboot the ATM immediately, in the maintenance window or a specific time.
Note: For more information about the maintenance window read the article entitled "How to Modify an ATM’s Maintenance Window in the Hercules Portal" by clicking here.
Reboot at Specific Time
Select the dropdown arrow to the right of "Once" and choose whether you would like to schedule the reboot once, repeat daily or repeat on specific days.
Once - Select the date and enter the time at which you would like the reboot to occur.
Repeat Daily - Enter the time at which you would like the reboot to occur daily.
Repeat on Specific Days - Select the days and enter the time at which you would like the reboot to occur on the selcted days.
5. Select the checkbox next to Notify by email when Finished to receive an email when the reboot action has been successfully performed.
6. Select the Reboot or Schedule Reboot button in the bottom left corner of the Confirm ATM Reboot dialogue box to initiate the job.
The job status can be viewed within the Jobs section of the device dashboard.
Note: If you selected Reboot in Maintenance Window or Reboot at Specific Time and the maintenance window or specified date and time has not passed, the Reboot job will be listed in the Scheduled list and can be cancelled at any time. Once the reboot is completed it will be listed in the History list.