Call us anytime at 1-800-561-8880 or email email@example.com during regular business hours.
Connecting With Law Enforcement
Connecting with local law enforcement in advance of a theft to let them know you are deploying a security device equipped with GPS tracking can significantly improve response times when a theft does occur.
When connecting with local law enforcement consider the following:
- Introduce yourself and provide relevant details about your business activities
- Establish points of contact and inquire whether a task force has been established to address crimes affecting the type of business you operate
- Advise them you are deploying security device(s) equipped with GPS tracking
- Practice sharing the tacking link (Forensic View) with law enforcement. Learn more...
- Inquire about the dispatch process and familiarize yourself with typical response times
- Confirm asset location(s)
- Test alarms and response times in coordination with law enforcement
- Communicate regularly about concerns you or law enforcement have
Having strong relationships with local law enforcement will provide with you with the best possible outcomes in the event of a theft.
Note: DPL does not provide a security monitoring service nor do support team members receive theft in progress notifications. In the event of a theft, contact your local law enforcement agency first. DPL support agents are not responsible for communicating with local law enforcement agencies but will if adequate resources are available.