Call us anytime at 1-800-561-8880 or email email@example.com during regular business hours.
Connecting With Law Enforcement
Connecting with local law enforcement in advance of a theft to let them know you are deploying a security device equipped with GPS tracking can significantly improve response times when a theft does occur.
When connecting with local law enforcement consider the following:
- Introduce yourself and provide relevant details about your business activities
- Establish points of contact and inquire whether a task force has been established to address crimes affecting the type of business you operate
- Advise them you are deploying security device(s) equipped with GPS tracking
- Practice sharing the tacking link (Forensic View) with law enforcement. Learn more...
- Inquire about the dispatch process and familiarize yourself with typical response times
- Confirm asset location(s)
- Test alarms and response times in coordination with law enforcement
- Communicate regularly about concerns you or law enforcement have
Having strong relationships with local law enforcement will provide with you with the best possible outcomes in the event of a theft.
Note: DPL does not provide a security monitoring service nor do support team members receive theft in progress notifications. In the event of a theft, contact your local law enforcement agency first. DPL support agents are not responsible for communicating with local law enforcement agencies but will if adequate resources are available.
Please sign in to leave a comment.