Suspending a Hercules wireless modem temporarily lowers the monthly service fee until it is unsuspended. While the Hercules is suspended, the modem will not be able to process transactions or generate alarms.
To suspend a Hercules modem you can:
- Call our technical support department toll free at 1-800-561-8880
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initiate a live chat with a technical support representative via the Help tab of the Hercules Portal
NOTE: Please provide the serial number(s) of the Hercules modem(s) you wish to temporarily suspend. For instructions on how to download a complete list of your Hercules modems in the Hercules Portal click here.
To unsuspend Hercules modem(s) you can submit the request to DPL's support department or you can do it yourself in the Hercules Portal by completing the following steps:
1. Log in to the Hercules Portal.
2. Navigate to the device list view and select the Hercules Modem you wish to unsuspend.
3. Select the "Unsuspend Device" button located within the Health section of the Device Dashboard.
4. Select "Yes" in the dialogue box that appears on the screen.
NOTE: If you have a large number of Hercules modems to unsuspend you can email the list of serial numbers you wish to unsuspend to email@example.com and a support team member will process the request on your behalf and confirm with you when the request has been processed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the monthly service fee for suspended Hercules modems?
The reduced monthly service fee for suspended Hercules modems varies by technology type.
- 3G, 4G and LTE Hercules wireless modems - $5/month
- CMDA Hercules wireless modems - $7/month
NOTE: Hercules modem billing periods are from the first to the end of each month and are billed/processed on the 15th of the following month. Hercules modems suspended or unsuspended part way through a billing period will be billed at a prorated amount.
What is the cost to unsuspend a Hercules modem?
The cost to unsuspend a Hercules modem is $9 per modem.
Is there a limit to the length of time a Hercules modem can be suspended for?
No. You can suspend Hercules modem(s) indefinitely.
Which Hercules modems are eligible to be temporarily suspended?
Hercules modems that are not or are no longer under a wireless service agreement are eligible to be temporarily suspended.